Life never stands still, and neither does our body. We are always getting older and eventually the signs of ageing begin to appear on our skin in the form of fine lines, dark circles, puffy eyes and a sudden change in our appearance.
Instantly ageless and Plexaderm both claim to offer skin care serums that help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, eye puffiness, dark circles and eye bags with a mixture of anti ageing ingredients.
Let’s compare Instantly ageless vs Plexaderm and see whether either offer you a skin tightening serum that has the potential to improve your appearance.
Instantly Ageless skin creams are manufactured by Jeunesse Global. They are a private multi-level marketing company that is said to have earned $8 billion by 2021.
Yet, in 2015, a watchdog organization, truthinadvertiing.org, published an investigation questioning the legitimacy of the business’ activity. Even so, their facelift in a box still sells well and receives mostly good reviews.
Due to this success instantly ageless have expanded and today their product range includes skin and hair products. These is a moisturiser, micro-dermabrasion scrub, hair building fiber, fiber finishing spray, and a fiber pump applicator.
Facelift in a box
Instantly Ageless facelift in a box vials are an anti-aging micro cream that is aimed to decrease the visible signs of ageing. They can be used for hooded eyes, forehead wrinkles, facial pores, under-eye bags, and crow’s feet.
Plexaderm Rapid Reduction Cream PLUS reduces wrinkles, lines, and bags under and around the eyes. The manufacturers claim it’s shale clay made from silicate minerals that temporarily form a tightening layer on the skin.
Additionally, Plexaderm has other skincare products: gels, moisturisers, cleansers, and collagen peptide serum.
True Earth Health Products, known today as Sheer Science, is the manufacturer of Plexaderm. Unfortunately, there’s not that much information about the company, so it’s unclear who manages it.
Interestingly, on their official website, they published an interview with a doctor who complements their products. However, one needs to know that he’s specializing in homeopathy, which, even though I believe in homeopathy, has no scientific proof of being effective.
Also, the company conducted its own clinical study that indicated improvement in the appearance of the 40 participants when using the serum.
Plexaderm have a great marketing team, lots of positive reviews, attractive commercials, and well conducted research. The only downside is their aren’t many external reviews or research conducted with conclusive results.
Unfortunately this is often the case with anti-ageing products.
How do these serums work | & How long will you have to wait.
The reviews on instantly ageless say that their facelift in a box cream temporarily diminishes the signs of ageing skin around your eyes. For the cream to work, you should use a small drop of it and gently tap a thin layer into the area of skin you want to improve.
Wait for 2-3 minutes, remaining still and expressionless otherwise the formula won’t set and tighten your skin.
Applying Plexaderm rapid eye reduction serum is similar to the Instantly Ageless cream. First, you need to wash and dry your skin and then apply a half pea-sized blob of serum onto the target area.
The only problem is that the dispenser is known to clog easily so you might have to spend a little time unclogging it, especially if you haven’t applied the formula for a while.
For better results, you need to wait for 10 minutes and stay calm and emotionless. This serum should dry and tighten up the skin, which gives a more youthful look, although this is only temporary.
Ingredients comparison Plexaderm vs Instantly ageless
Before buying a product, it’s a good idea to check the key ingredients and do some research to see whether they are suitable for your skin type and expectations.
Here’s some information about the ingredients Instantly Ageless and Plexaderm use in their anti-ageing serums.
Instantly Ageless Facelift in a box
- Hexapeptide-8 (Argireline) is a peptide that is widely used in anti-aging cosmetics. It’s proven to be effective when it comes to reducing wrinkles. Infact, when injected, it has similar results to Botox. However, be aware that it diffuses only a small amount into the skin when applied as a skincare cream. This means that its effects don’t last for a long time.
- Sodium silicate is used to control the pH level of skincare and cosmetics.
- Magnesium silicate is a synthetic silicate clay. It is used to improve the stability and texture of skincare. Magnesium Silicate has several functions. It’s an absorber, meaning that it absorbs water. Thanks to this function, it helps other components apply smoothly and easily, with no chemical reactions. Another crucial role is to hide blemishes in transparent and clear cosmetics. And, last but not least, magnesium silicate serves as an emulsion stabilizer.
- Iron oxide is a synthetic component used to give color to cosmetics. It doesn’t pose any risk to human health, as iron oxides are mineral deposits that naturally appear.
- Phenoxyethanol prevents bacterial growth in a cosmetic product which can lead to spoiling.
- Ethylhexylglycerin – a cosmetic sensitizer that has a skin-conditioning and anti-microbial effect. All in all, it improves the appearance of the skin.
- Purified water is free of microbes, toxins, and pollutants.
Plexaderm Rapid eye reduction serum
- Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 – These kinds of peptides are amino acids and work as the building blocks of our skin. Their use in cosmetics products has become widespread and they have been approved as safe to use.
- Propylene glycol is man-made synthetic alcohol that absorbs water. It’s a skin-conditioning agent, a solvent, and a fragrance agent.
- Hydrolyzed rice protein improves skin moisture. It’s a gluten-free product.
- Soluble collagen softens the skin.
- Cellulose gum is an emulsifier or a thickener.
- Xanthan gum is a skin-conditioning agent.
- Titanium dioxide is aimed to hide blemishes. It can cause minor irritation, so one should be attentive to it.
- Magnesium aluminum silicate is a purified clay that is used as a thickener.
Both Plexaderms rapid eye reduction serum and Instantly ageless face lift in a box make use of peptides and silicates. Instantly ageless focus mostly on producing a formula using peptides but Plexaderm also use soluble collagen and a wider range of ingredients.
Indeed, these peptides and silicates are the supplements primarily used in anti-aging cosmetics. However in both these serums they don’t make use of any of the following ingredients that are becoming popular in anti-ageing skincare creams: Vitamin C, alpha hydroxy acids and retinol are becoming more popular but haven’t been used by Plexaderm or Instantly ageless.
Comparing Side effects
Side effects can appear with any product. Therefore, we recommend consulting with your doctor regarding the ingredients you should pay attention to when buying skincare products.
On the instantly Ageless official website the brand says there might be a tight feeling if the cream is used on the upper eyelids. Results are also not permanent. It means that one should use it a couple of times a day to maintain the effect, which might be costly.
The cream might also cause allergic reactions. Some sources say that you should use a water-based moisturizer before applying the cream for better results.
The cream should be applied strictly as written in the instructions; otherwise, there won’t be any effects.
Temporary effects; up to 8 hours. Yet, the company doesn’t conceal this information. There is also the possibility of irritation to your skin.
The product can leave a white residue. However, the official website says it means that you have used too much of the substance.
It might be hard to apply makeup after using the cream.
One more option is to buy only one package or get testers and check how your skin reacts to the product to try and avoid any potential skin irritation.
Final thoughts about Plexaderm and Instantly ageless
In 2020, the anti-ageing market was worth $44,124 billion. With the ageing population increasing, this market will definitely expand further so there is a lot of room for plexaderm and instantly ageless to grow their anti-ageing products.
According to the limited information about the products and quite neutral reviews, I would say that these products are clearly popular but how affect they are remains unproven. Some users swear by them and others didn’t experience any improvement in their ageing skin.
Both brands offer products that aren’t going to offer long lasting changes to your skin because both products are designed to temporarily improve your skins appearance and even this requires careful application to work.
Depending on your skin type, we recommend consulting with your doctor and start out with a small test of the product to check it doesn’t irritate your sensitive skin around your eyes. For some people, these products are good, for some not. Our conclusion is that it’s a matter of business and good marketing, not innovation.
Both brands stick by cosmetics ingredients that are widely used. This is good in the sense that we have heard of them and that some users have experienced improvements using them but overall it’s hard to know exactly what you’ll achieve by using these products.
If you believe in the brand and the ingredients, or have used similar ingredients before and had some success, give them a try just don’t set your expectations too high.